23 October 2008


WISDOM OF BROKENNESS AND COURAGE OF FAITH

I was remind today of a quote from C.S. Lewis in his book "
The Four Loves", and also of a verse in King David's fifty-first Psalm ...

C.S. LEWIS | THE FOUR LOVES

Those, like myself, whose imaginations far
exceed their obedience, are subject to a just
penalty: We easily imagine conditions far
higher than we have really reached. If we
describe what we have imagined, we may
make others, ... and make ourselves believe
that we have really been there – and so
deceive both them and ourselves.


PSALM 51:6 (THE MESSAGE) …

[God], What You're after is truth from the inside out.
Enter me, then – and conceive a new, true life.


In my life, I've discovered that truthfulness in word and deed has both a price and a reward. The price is that choosing to become a seeking servant of Jesus Christ unlocks the door to truthfulness.

And the
reward is that as I live this life of truthfulness with God, myself and others, I am presented by God with the gift of becoming more and more set free [or dare I say "compelled"?] in my attitudes and thoughts, in my words, and in my actions to live out the love of Jesus Christ to all who come across my path ... friends and enemies alike. Good gifts for sure.

God, may I have the wisdom of brokenness necessary
to live into and live out Lewis' words. And may I have
the courage of faith to say in my own words, and to
live out in my own choices what King David spoke of
in his fifty-first Psalm. Amen.

Godspeed.

read.think.pray.live.

Gregg

No comments: