11 May 2006

My life, intertwined with God and the ones I love, is all that is truly in focus now. Dreams of vocation are nothing compared to dreams of them. Hopes of any success in life are dull in comparison to the vibrancy I see in them -- even though they remain at a distance. Goals mapped out clearly in bullet-form pale when written next to words describing the blessings I know to be mine for having loved and been loved.

I am like a man both dying and being reborn ... both held back and set free ... both breathing and breathless. The great turning inside out is taking place ahead of eternity's beginning as what is seen, known and understood from within creates and shapes the reality of my life today -- and that which is seen, known, and understood from without plays second fiddle. The "joy of the LORD" IS my strength in ways I've never known; His presence my fear relieves.

Today, in lands around the world, people will die for their faith in Jesus Christ. God, today, may my thoughts, my words and my actions show me worthy to be called a follower of Your Son, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. And may the life of faith I am choosing to walk, be a life lived out in faithfulness and much cheer. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done. On earth, as it is in heaven. Amen.

Thank you for your blessed partnership in love, faith, worship, ministry and in the daily shenanigans of living. Godspeed.

read.think.pray.live.

Gregg

No comments: